This T-adapter set can be used to connect Sony Alpha digital SLR cameras (with A-mount body) to telescopes and spotting scopes that have standard T2 thread (M42x0.75). The adapter set contains a metal T-adapter barrel and a DSLR camera T-ring.
The T-adapter tube has 40mm internal diameter and standard M42x0.75mm threads on both ends (male thread on one end for T-ring connection and female thread on the other for scope connection).
The major difference of this large T-adapter set from other DSLR camera adapters (with 1.25″ fitting) is that it allows the telescope’s eyepiece to be remained in its place while the camera is connected. This ensures a right side up image to be displayed on your camera’s viewfinder. The eyepiece can also be removed from the scope’s eyepiece holder as the camera is connected to achieve different photographic results.
- Connect Sony A-mount DSLR cameras (eg. Sony Alpha) to telescopes and spotting scopes with M42x0.75 threaded barrel.
- Can fit following scope models in this store: 25-125×92, 25-75×70, 800×80 and 350×80.
- Built with metal material.
- Standard fitting for DSLR camera T-rings (Please see Note 2 below regarding Sony T-ring).
- The T-adapter size: 40mm internal diameter, 55mm long.
- This T-adapter is a newer version with openings for zoom adjustment while a camera is attached to the scope.
Note: For Sony NEX cameras with E-mount, please visit Sony NEX E-mount DSLR camera adapters page.
This adapter set may also fit other types of spotting scopes/telescopes which are compatible with its size and threads. For example, it can fit Visionking 12-36×50 and 12-24×60 compact spotting scopes.