This device is specially made to connect Sony/Minolta A-Mount DSLR cameras (such as Sony Alpha, Minolta Alpha, Maxxum, Dynax cameras) to telescopes with either a 1.25″ (31.75mm) diameter eyepiece barrel or a larger 2″ (50.8mm) eyepiece tube. You fit one end of this adapter to the camera’s main body (in place of the camera lens), and insert the other end into telescope’s eyepiece barrel, and tighten it up. You can then take pictures through the scope. In effect, this device enables you to use the telescope lens as your camera lens for digi-scoping.
- Connect Sony/Minolta A-Mount DSLR cameras to telescopes.
- Can fit all types of telescopes with either a standard 1.25″ (31.75mm) diameter eyepiece barrel, or a 2″ (50.8mm) eyepiece tube.
- This adapter set consists of 3 parts, a Sony Alpha camera T-ring, a 1.25″ T-adapter, and a 2″ T-adapter. These parts can be connected together as one unit, or the T-ring can be attached to either T-adapter tube as a separate adapter.
- Built with metal material and black anodized.
- At the end of the 1.25″ tube section, there is a M28.5×0.75mm internal thread for filter connection.
Note: For Sony NEX cameras with E-mount, please visit Sony NEX E-mount DSLR camera adapters page. You can also use an A-mount to E-mount converter if you have got an A-mount adapter set.