This is a top range binocular with 20x magnification and massive 80mm objective lenses for optimum light gathering and sharp images. Its Bak-4 prisms and fully broadband multi-coated optical system provide stunningly bright images.
The large 23mm eyepieces have soft fold-down rubber eyecups (40mm in diameter) making the binoculars effective and comfortable whether or not you wear spectacles.
These binoculars are suitable for medium-to-long-range terrestrial and astronomical observations, such as the observation of animals and bird watching, long distance coastal, moon and planetary observations.
The binocular has a built in central stabilising bar with a sliding/lockable tripod adaptor for optimum positioning/balancing on tripod.
- Magnification: 20x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm
- Field of View: 189 ft./1000 yds (or 63m/1000m)
- Prism System: Bak-4 Porro Prism
- Optics Coating: Fully broadband multicoated green coating
- Large Eyepieces: 23mm in diameter, with large fold down rubber eyecups (40mm)
- Long Eye Relief
- Close Focus Distance: 12m (39 ft.)
- Water Proof Body Structure: rubber armoured, water/rain proof construction.
- Tripod Mount: built with tripod adapter and sliding/lockable stabilizer.
- Dimensions: 330mm(H) x 230mm(W) x 100mm(D)
- Weight: Approx. 2.2kg (4.8 lb.)
These giant 20×80 binoculars can fit user IPD (inter-pupillary distance) from 57mm to 73mm.
Package includes: Nipon 20×80 binoculars with built in tripod adaptor and stabilizer; protective caps and rain-guard eyepiece cap; lens cleaning cloth; neck strap; nylon carry case with shoulder strap; user manual.
Note: For their size and weight, these giant binoculars will need to be mounted on a sturdy tripod during their normal use. It is recommended to use a strong heavy-duty tripod model with thicker tripod legs for these binoculars.
Please read an expert review on these 20×80 binoculars from Cardiff Astronomical Society.