This adapter is designed to connect DSLR cameras to telescopes or microscopes through a camera T-ring (also known as T2 mount). The adapter has a standard 1.25″ (31.75mm) diameter tube to fit telescope’s 1.25″ eyepiece holder (focuser).
Sometimes when a DSLR camera is connected to a telescope with the camera lens being removed, the image cannot be focused on the camera’s viewfinder. This is because the image focus point is shifted beyond the focus adjustment range of the telescope. This adapter comes with a special compact lens which is attached to the end of the 1.25″ tube section through a lens adapter. This lens enables the cameras to get a focused image through a wide range of telescopes.
You connect one end of this adapter (with M42x0.75mm external threads) to a camera T-ring (T2 mount) which will connect the camera body in place of the camera lens, and insert the other end into telescope’s 1.25″ eyepiece barrel. You can then take pictures through the scope.
- Connect DSLR camera to telescopes or microscopes through a corresponding camera T-ring.
- M42x0.75mm external threads for camera T-rings (T2 mounts) connection.
- 1.25″ (31.75mm) external fitting diameter for scope’s eyepiece holders / focusers.
- The adapter comes with a special compact lens and lens adapter tube to make DSLR cameras get focused images through a wide range of telescopes. (Note: the compact lens and its adapter can also be used as a compact Barlow lens which can be attached to the end of a telescope eyepiece to increase the overall magnification by about 2.5 times)
- There are M28.5×0.75mm internal thread at the end of 1.25″ barrel section for the connection of light filters with compatible threads.
- Height of 1.25″ T-adapter: 25mm
- Height of compact lens adapter (with 1.25″ external diameter and lens): 17mm
- Overall height (1.25″ tube section): 42mm
- Built with metal material and black anodized.
- This adapter set includes: 1.25″ T-adapter tube, compact lens and its adapter tube.
Note: DSLR camera T-ring is not included in this package, but it can be ordered here in this store based on your camera make/model.