This is a 1.25″ T-adapter combined with a 2x compact Barlow lens for the attachment of DSLR cameras and 1.25″ eyepieces to telescopes.
This device can be used either as a 2x Barlow to increase the overall magnification of the scope by 2 times, or as a 2x Barlow and a 1.25″ T-adapter for the connection of DSLR cameras to telescopes (with a necessary DSLR T-ring, also known as T2 mount); or just as a T-adapter without the compact Barlow lens.
Sometimes when a DSLR camera is connected to a telescope without the camera lens, the image cannot be focused on the camera’s viewfinder. This is because the image focus point is beyond the focus adjustment range of the telescope. This T-adapter with a compact lens enables the cameras to get a focused image through a wide range of telescopes.
- Compact 2x Barlow lens with a 1.25″ T-adapter which has standard M42x0.75mm outer thread for the connection of DSLR T-rings (T2 mount).
- The 1.25″ T-adapter tube can be inserted into telescope’s eyepiece holders (focusers) with standard 1.25″ (31.75mm) diameter. You can then either put a 1.25″ eyepiece into this T-adapter barrel to get a 2x magnification, or connect a DSLR camera to this T-adapter (through a relevant T-ring, also known as T2 mount).(Note 1: DSLR camera T-rings are available from this store as optional accessories)
- The compact 2x Barlow lens can be detached from the T-adapter tube and then attached to an eyepiece barrel with M30x1mm inner threads.(Note 2: There can be different inner threads within eyepiece tubes, such as M30x1mm, M30x0.75mm, or M28.5×0.75mm. This compact Barlow lens can fit M30x1mm internal threads of eyepiece barrels).
- The device enables a perfect alignment between the central axis of the eyepiece and the Barlow lens.
- The lens is built with quality optical glass Bak-4 and with multiple broadband anti-reflection green coatings to reduce light reflection and to limit the effect of chromatic aberration.
- Full metal construction.
- Comes with two caps for both ends and an eyepiece fixing screw.
- overall length: 44mm;
- The depth of 1.25″ barrel for holding eyepieces: 25mm
- The length of 1.25″ tube (including the compact Barlow) for inserting into telescope’s focuser: 17mm
There are no reviews yet.