This 2.5x compact Barlow lens can be fitted to the end of a standard 1.25″ eyepiece to increase the overall image magnification by 2.5 times. It consists of two parts, a compact Barlow lens (with M30x0.75mm thread) and an eyepiece adapter tube (with M30x1mm thread).
This compact Barlow lens ensures perfect alignment between the centre of the Barlow lens and the eyepiece.
- Increase the overall image magnification by 2.5 times.
- Compact design. It can fit 1.25″ (31.75mm) eyepiece barrel with M30x1mm inner threads.
- This compact Barlow lens enables a perfect alignment between the central axis of the eyepiece and the Barlow lens.
- Built with quality optical glass and with multiple broadband anti-reflection green coatings to reduce light reflection and to limit the effect of chromatic aberration.
- Built with metal frame and metal eyepiece adapter tube.
- Size: overall length – 21mm; eyepiece adapter tube diameter: 31.5mm
- This Barlow lens can fit into PL16, PL26 and PL32 eyepieces which are available from this shop.
1. The image is for illustration purpose only and the telescope eyepiece is not included in this listing. This Barlow lens has been designed to fit 1.25″ eyepieces with 30x1mm barrel thread.
2. Sometimes when a DSLR camera is connected to a telescope with the camera lens being removed, or an image diagonal lens is added to the telescope (to convert the upside down image to right side up), the image cannot be focused on the camera’s viewfinder (or seen through the eyepiece). This is often because the image focus point is shifted beyond the focus adjustment range of the telescope. This compact lens also serves the purpose of adjusting the image focal point and enables the camera to get a focused image through a wide range of telescopes.