This is a pair of vintage Japanese SWIFT SARATOGA Mk II 8×40 binoculars. The binoculars have 8x magnification, 40mm objective lenses and very large 23mm eyepieces. Image focus is achieved by turning the central focus knob and balanced by one eyepiece focus.
The binoculars have solid metal body and comes with a neck strap and original hard leather case. The binoculars also have a built-in tripod mounting point so that it can be mounted on tripod without needing an adapter.
The binoculars are in good working order.
Some Main Features:
- Model: SWIFT SARATOGA Mk II 8×40
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective lens diameter: 40mm in diameter.
- Extra large eyepiece: 23mm in diameter
- Central focus knob and focus adjustment at right eyepiece
- Extra wide field of view: 488 ft. at 1000 yds.
- Metal construction
- Size: 200(W) x 145(H) x 65(D) mm (185mm wide when closed)
- Weight: 1kg
- Full working condition
- Tripod mounting point (as shown in the first picture below)
- Comes with a hard leather case and four lens caps
- IPD (Interpupillary Distance): these binoculars can accommodate users with IPD from 55mm up to 82mm
Note: This item is in good working condition for its age, no chips or cracks on the internal / external lenses, and the binoculars give a clear image. Internal lenses have been cleaned where possible and images have been tested/calibrated for correct visual alignment.
Please also note that for cleaning purpose, one objective lens tube (on the left) has been opened from its threaded joint (this joint is normally concealed under the leather armouring). The thread connection is very secure and it is now wrapped by black tapes, as shown in the photos below.
Please view the photos for more details.
There are no reviews yet.