This device is specially designed to enable Canon EOS DSLR cameras to work on a wide range of telescopes with 1.25″ eyepiece barrel and with various main scope focal lengths. There is a detachable compact lens at the end of this adapter and the lens can be kept or detached from the adapter, depending on the type of telescope that you wish to use with your camera.
Sometimes when a DSLR camera is connected to a telescope with the camera lens being removed, the image cannot be focused on the camera’s viewfinder. This is often because the image focus point is shifted beyond the focus adjustment range of the telescope. This adapter comes with a special compact lens which is attached to the end of the 1.25″ tube section. This lens enables the cameras to get a focused image through a wide range of telescopes.
You fit one end of this adapter to the camera’s main body, and put the other end into telescope’s eyepiece barrel. You can then take pictures through these scopes. In effect, this device enables you to use the telescope lens as your camera lens for digi-scoping. It combines the function of a T-ring and a T-adaptor 2 in 1.
- Connect CANON EF or EF-S EOS cameras to telescopes with standard 1.25″ eyepiece barrel (holder) and with a wide range of telescope focal length.
- Can fit almost all Canon DSLR cameras with 135mm or less camera lenses.
- Built to fit standard 1.25″ (31.75mm) eyepiece holder barrel, with a detachable adapter lens to ensure camera adaptation to various telescopes.
- Built with metal material.
- This adapter set can also be used separately according to your needs. For example, as a T-ring, a T-adapter, a compact Barlow lens which can be attached to the end of 1.25″ eyepieces with compatible threads, as shown in the photo.
Note: This device combines the function of a camera T-ring and a T adapter 2 in 1. It is designed for the camera to work on almost all types of telescopes with 1.25″ focuser, especially if the focal length of the scope is relatively short or long. For example, it works well for NIPON 350×70 refractor telescope.
This adapter does not fit Canon FD cameras with 135mm-800mm camera lenses. A different adapter set is available in this store for Canon FD cameras.