PLÖSSL eyepieces are used to optimise the performance of your telescopes to its best image quality and magnification power. You get a wider field of view and better image clarity with larger eyepieces.
A telescope’s magnification is determined by dividing the focal length of the telescope by the focal length of eyepiece. For example, a scope with a focal length of 780mm in combination with a PLÖSSL eyepiece PL40mm will have about 20 times magnification. You can balance your need for magnification and field of view.
- Focal length: 40mm.
- Standard and the most popular 1.25″ (31.75mm) fitting.
- Fully multi-coated glasses for excellent image contrast and light transmission.
- Foldable rubber eyecup for spectacle wearers.
- Comfortable eye relief.
- 52 degree apparent field of view.
- Plastic storage barrel to keep optics dust free when not in use.
Note: This eyepiece can fit Nipon 350×80 and 800×80 compact scopes, and Nipon 350×70, 600×50 and 450×95 refractor telescopes, as well as other types of telescopes as long as they have a standard 1.25″ eyepiece holder. This large eyepiece can also be used for taking pictures through the scope with a digital camera.