This is a 19th Century 3-draw brass telescope made by Joyce, Strand, London.
- 3-draw brass telescope engraved “Joyce, Strand”.
- Minimum length when closed: 205mm (8.1 in.)
- Maximum length when fully extended (excluding sunshade): 600mm (23.6 in.)
- Magnification: approx. 20x (see note below)
- Maximum body diameter: 42mm (1.7 in.)
- Objective lens diameter: 37mm (1.5 in.)
- Eyepiece diameter: 7mm (0.3 in.)
- Sliding brass eyepiece cover.
- Brass telescope tubes.
- Original leather covered main barrel
- Extendable brass sunshade.
- Weight: 410g (0.9 lb.)
Note: The telescope is in good working condition for its age. There are no obvious dents on the brass tubes. No chips or damage to the lenses, and no dust or mould on the internal lenses. All lenses have been cleaned where possible. This telescope gives clear images.
For customer information, like most vintage telescopes of this type, the magnification value is not marked on the telescope body. We have tried to compare this telescope with a spotting scope which has a zoom magnification. It looks that the images as viewed through both telescopes become similar as the magnification level of the spotting scope is adjusted to around 20x. Nevertheless, this information is for your reference purpose only.