This is a Ross London 3-draw (four section) brass telescope. Good working condition.
- 3-draw (4 sections) brass telescope engraved on the first drawer “Ross London”, and a broad arrow.
- Minimum length when closed: 180mm (1.1 in.)
- Maximum length when fully extended (excluding sunshade): 440mm (17.3 in.)
- Magnification: approx. 12-15x (see note below)
- Maximum body diameter (at front): 55mm (2.1 in.)
- Objective lens diameter: 35mm (1.4 in.)
- Brass telescope tubes.
- Extendable brass sunshade.
- Weight: 590g (1.3 lb.)
Note: The telescope is in good working condition. There are no dents on the brass tubes. No chips or damage to the lenses, and no dust or mould on the internal lenses. All lenses have been cleaned. This telescope gives clear images.
For customer information, like most vintage telescopes of this type, the magnification value is not marked on the telescope body. We have tried to compare this telescope with a spotting scope which has a zoom magnification. It looks that the images as viewed through both telescopes become similar as the magnification level of the spotting scope is adjusted to around 12-15x. Nevertheless, this information is for your reference purpose only.
Engraved on the principal barrel: William J. Ratcliffe 7-12-35
Some background information about Ross London
There are no reviews yet.