This is a top range binocular with 20x magnification and massive 80mm objective lenses for optimum light gathering and sharp images. Its Bak-4 prisms and fully broadband multi-coated optical system provide stunningly bright images. The large 23mm eyepieces have soft fold-down rubber eyecups (45mm in diameter) making the binoculars effective and comfortable whether or not you wear spectacles.
These binoculars are suitable for medium-to-long-range terrestrial and astronomical observations, such as the observation of animals and bird watching, long distance coastal, moon and planetary observations. The binocular has a built-in central stabilising bar with a sliding/lockable tripod adaptor for optimum positioning/balancing on tripod.
- Magnification: 20x
- Objective Lens: 80mm
- Field of View: 189 ft/1000 yds (63m/1000m)
- Bak-4 Porro Prism with fully broadband multi-coated green lens.
- Large Eyepieces: 23mm in diameter, with fold down rubber eyecups and long Eye Relief.
- Close Focus Distance: 12m (39 ft.)
- Water Proof Body Structure: rubber armoured, water/rain proof construction.
- Tripod Mount: built with tripod adapter and sliding/lockable stabilizer.
- Dimensions: 330mm(H) x 230mm(W) x 100mm(D)
- Weight: Approx. 2.2kg (4.8 lb.)
- Fit user IPD (inter-pupillary distance): 57-73mm.
Package includes: Nipon 20×80 binoculars with built in tripod adapter, lens caps, lens cleaning cloth, neck strap; soft carry case with shoulder strap, user manual, and a large heavy duty full size aluminium alloy tripod.
- Large 3-section legs adjustable for ground and table use.
- Material: aluminium alloy.
- Adjustable height: 65-166cm (2.1-5.4 ft.).
- 3-way head angle adjustment and 360-degree pan rotation.
- Two bubble levels.
- Quick release plate
- Weight: 1.1kg (2.4 lb.).
- Geared centre column with 3-way adjustable head.
- Centre weight hook
Note: When mounting these giant binoculars on tripod, it is recommended to put a load on the centre weight hook of the tripod, such as a bag with 2-3kg load in it. This can make the support steadier.
Please read an expert review on these 20×80 binoculars from Cardiff Astronomical Society.
There are no reviews yet.