This is a pair of vintage W. Watson & Sons London x 6 British military binoculars with serial No. 4087. The binoculars have 6x magnification, 30mm objective lens diameter, and with individual eyepiece focusing. The binoculars are in good working order for their age and services.
Some main features:
- Model: W. Watson & Sons London x 6. Serial No. 4087
- Magnification: 6x
- Objective lenses diameter: 30mm
- Eye lens diameter: approx. 12mm
- Individual eyepiece focusing
- Solid metal construction with durable leather armouring
- Size: 175(W) x 115(H) x 50(D)mm
- Weight: 800g (1.7 lb.)
- Comes with original leather case and leather straps.
Wear and tear to the binocular surface (leather armouring cover, as shown in the photos) and to the leather case appropriate with age and services.
Apart from some areas of leather cover, no other damages to binocular body and to the external or internal lenses and prisms. Some of the lenses have been cleaned where possible (i.e., objective lenses and eyepieces). The binoculars are in collimation with reasonably good images for their age.
There appears to be some light stains on some of the prism surfaces which have not been cleaned, as the prisms are covered/protected by fitted metal plates, although these do not seem to affect the use of the binoculars. The binocular image can be improved further if all the prism surfaces could be cleaned.
There are no reviews yet.